Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kanta Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar


http://www.kantajapanese.com.au/

Large Assorted Sashimi
Kanta is a local Japanese restaurant located in Langford, WA.

Kanta is a small restaurant with only 2 tables which will seat about 4 on each and about 8 chairs up by the Sushi bar. The limited availability of seating makes Kanta a popular take away joint for the locals but also means booking is necessary if you plan on dining in.

The menu isn't too big to cause you stress on what to have but there are enough 'traditional' Japanese dishes as well as unique dishes for you to try.

Grilled Pork Belly

We ordered a few dishes to share between 4 people and I must say, the serving size is quite generous.

The Sashimi is extremely fresh and the culinary skills on display is 2nd to none. Unique dishes like Grilled Pork Belly, Smoked Spicy Squid Tentacles, Scallop wrapped in Salmon are a few dishes which left me wanting more.

The stand out dish however is the Katsu Chicken. Yes, the Katsu Chicken. My expectations were quite low for this dish as whenever I hear Katsu Chicken I think crumbed chicken and deep fried on a bed of rice with katsu sauce. Boy did Kanta surprise me with this dish. The crumbed chicken was amazingly tender and crumbed perfectly that melts in your mouth. The dish was accompanied by a 'coleslaw' style salad consisting of Soba noodles, celery, onions and Japanese Mayonaise. Absolutely devine. I give this dish 10/10 easily.

The pricing of the dishes is reasonable but when presented with such amazing flavours, the price will be the last thing on your mind.

Overall, Kanta is a dining experience I will never forget and will continue to visit for a long time. If you live far from Langford (I'm NOR) do not let the travel distance put you off. I guarantee that if you love Japanese food, Kanta in Langford is well worth the travel!





10/10 for me!

Agedashi Tofu
Kamo Steak (Teriyaki Duck)
Katsu Chicken
Scallops Wrapped in Salmon
Smoked Spicy Squid
Beef Tataki


No comments:

Post a Comment